Seeking a full-time Mechanic for our Dauphin County Division. Excellent wage and benefit package. Apply today and you could be a part of our exciting future!
Job Location: 901 N. Cameron St Harrisburg, PA 17101
Rate of Pay: $27.68
Schedule: Four 10-hour shifts. New Hire will be placed on 10 hours, running consecutive days. Shift assignment is determined by bid assignment and seniority.
New Hire will most likely get either of the following shifts.
Monday -Thursday 12:00 Noon -10:30pm OR Wednesday-Saturday 12:00 Noon -10:30pm depending on bid assignment so must have open availability to work any operating hours. Maintenance Department operates on a 24 hours a day, 6 days a week Monday through Saturday.
Role in organization:
The position is critical in assisting Cumberland Dauphin Harrisburg Transit Authority (rabbittransit) in meeting our mission of mobility. The impact of public transportation runs much deeper than a trip from point A to point B. We are the means for which people have access to experiences that alter their lives in meaningful ways. Our culture of innovation and stewardship champions that mission. The second class mechanic performs basic mechanical tasks in the diagnosis of malfunctions, preventative maintenance, state inspections and repairs on all Authority owned vehicles. This position receives guidance, performs duties under guidance of the 1st Class Mechanics, or Manager/Supervisors and works within general guidelines.
Some of Essential knowledge, skills, abilities and experience:
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Two years of full time experience as a maintenance technician diagnosing malfunctions, and repairing heavy-duty vehicles. Up to one year of the required experience may be substituted by successful completion of vocational education. One year of maintenance experience on transit vehicles is preferred.
- Knowledge of vehicle maintenance and repair principles, procedures, methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of equipment and specialized tools.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
******We will provide paid training to obtain your CDL and required certifications*****
- Must possess valid Commercial Driver's License class "B" operator's license with passenger endorsement and air brake restriction lifted that is not under suspension or revocation, and possess current automobile insurance coverage. We will provide paid training for this! At time of hire, must have valid regular driver's license at minimum.
- Must possess a valid DOT medical card. (Will send for such if given a contingent offer.)
- This is a safety sensitive position subject to US DOT Drug and Alcohol pre-employment, random, post-accident, reasonable suspicion and return to duty testing.
- ASE certification preferred in at least two (2) of the following certifications: H2 Diesel Engines, H3 Drive Train, H4 Brakes, H5 suspension, Steering, H6 Electrical/Electronic Systems, H7 Heating, Ventilation, and A/C, and H8 Preventative Maintenance. We will provide paid training!
- Must possess a minimum Class 7 Pennsylvania State Motor Vehicle Inspection License. We will provide paid training!
- Must possess AC 608 and 609 certification. We will provide paid training!
- Fare box certification preferred.
See attached job description for more information!
CDL reimbursement program applicable for those obtaining licensure through employer.
The Authority is an equal opportunity employer