Are you an experienced litigator looking for your next career move?
Would you love to practice in this area without the worry of business development and marketing?
Are you looking for a mentor? How about collaboration?
Wish you had better administrative support so you can do what you do best?
If you have a strong interest in insurance defense and/or litigation, are pretty good at it too, and want to continue to learn from some of the best PLUS you are looking for a more collegial work environment, then, please keep reading.
Collaboration- they’ve got it. A small office feel yet with big city resources- they have that, too. You won’t be a number with them.
Our client, JohnsonDuffie, is looking to add an experienced attorney to their insurance defense/litigation practice. They are a pretty collegial group. They share ideas. They collaborate. They are efficient and effective.
There is huge opportunity for growth and career development- if that’s what you are looking for. You just need the drive and to take the initiative to learn, be accountable and have a strong work ethic.
What exactly will you be doing?
Litigation. Corresponding with clients. Research and writing.
And more specifically, here is the list of job responsibilities:
- Draft memos, motions and other legal correspondence and documents; proofread to ensure minimal errors.
- Conduct legal research.
- Defend clients in all types of cases, including automobile, trucking, commercial, premises, products liability, professional negligence and civil rights claims.
- Research, review and understand the law and rules of the court to ensure the best possible outcome for clients.
- Communicate and work closely with clients through the litigation process.
- Pursue subrogation claims on behalf of insurance company clients; coordinate the investigation and evaluate potential subrogation claims and act to protect clients’ rights of recovery.
- Liaise with insurance company representatives.
- May also assist with employment and business law cases.
So, you have to be a great researcher, be great with change, able to think on your feet and respond professionally and in a timely manner. You are agile and like to have lots on your plate at once, too!
What else would make someone successful in this role?
- You have a high attention to detail.
- You check all your boxes.
- You are able to manage and track budgeted hours for cases.
- You’re an excellent communicator- with clients and internally- and throughout the litigation process.
- You keep your files up to date.
What do you need to do this job?
- A JD from an accredited law school
- Be currently licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania and in good standing
- Great writing and research skills
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Hungry to learn, own your job and take initiative
- 5-7 years’ related insurance defense/litigation experience
Why work with our client, JohnsonDuffie?
- They don’t micro-manage.
- Yes, there is a very achievable billable hour target.
- There is administrative support.
- You have flexibility to come/go as you need to - to manage to results and provide amazing client service.
- ‘Big’ city resources in a small firm; you won’t be a number.
- You can grow your career at your pace and have a potential path to partnership, if desired and you want to discuss what that option may look like.
Simply apply we’ll be in touch to chat.
What’s the pay?
$95,000 – $100,000 based upon experience plus bonus opportunity
21 days PTO upon hire
9 paid holidays
Multiple health, dental and vision plan choices
Administrative support- we make it easy for our attorneys to serve clients, learn and grow!
To apply, please email your resume to Julie Shore at email@example.com
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level