Position is full time with GREAT benefit package!
Schedule: Monday-Friday 10am-7pm
Location:901 N. Cameron Street. Harrisburg, PA 17101
Our customer service department operates Monday thru Friday 7 AM - 7 PM and Saturdays 8 AM - 4 PM.
Job Summary (Role in organization):
The position is critical in assisting the Susquehanna Regional Transportation Authority in meeting our mission of mobility. The impact of public transportation runs much deeper than a trip from point A to point B. We are the means for which people have access to experiences that alter their lives in meaningful ways. Our culture of innovation and stewardship champions that mission. This position serves customers by providing service information, booking paratransit trips, giving accurate fixed route information to riders and answering and resolving service problems.
This position reports to the Customer Service Manager. This position receives general supervision and works within established guidelines.
Some of Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Achieves the Authority's mission by making a positive impression of the organization by politely and professionally answering telephone calls from a queue system.
Creates a positive image of the organization by achieving and maintaining rapport with customers by giving them the best possible service that translates into reservations and/or customer satisfaction. Asks questions to gain an understanding of the customer's needs and current situation.
Increases paratransit and fixed route ridership by taking complete and accurate reservations for paratransit trips and answering questions or giving assistance with trip planning for fixed route riders.
Serves the customer by achieving and maintaining knowledge of services in order to increase ridership and maintain customer satisfaction. Maintains knowledge of bus routes and general knowledge of regulations and eligibility requirements for specialty transportation programs.
Uses computer to enter or retrieve customer information, check the status of orders, make adjustments or retrieve information.
Recommends potential services or changes to management by informing them of unmet customer needs. Participates in staff meetings to gain knowledge and share information. Keeps management informed of critical incidents.
Meets the Authority needs by assisting in selling passes, accounting for ticket sales, and handling/counting cash. Accurately counts fare box collections from fixed route and paratransit buses.
Supports the Authority by assisting at the front desk, transfer center, and community outreach activities as assigned.
Contributes to the team by assisting in training employees.
Maintains trust, confidence and protects the organization by keeping information confidential and disclosing only on a need to know basis; ensuring high ethical standards; and upholding the organization's reputation in the community.
Ensures communication and positive image of Authority by reviewing critical incidents, exceptions to policy and/or goal achievement with Customer Service Manager.
Maintains cooperative relationship with coworkers and management by communicating necessary information, responding to requests, building rapport; and participating in problem-solving methods.
Contributes to effective communications within the organization by establishing and maintaining effective communication lines with all staff members and general public. Keeps management and staff informed of critical information needed to ensure smooth operations.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by reading in-house literature/communications, participating in meetings and educational opportunities as necessary.
Essential knowledge, skills, abilities and experience:
- Prefer High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum 6 months customer service experience with demonstrated knowledge of the field.
- Demonstrated ability to be accurate, well organized, multitask, prioritize and have a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated ability to concentrate and be an active listener.
- Ability to speak clearly, effectively, to establish rapport, present information, and respond to questions from managers, staff, customers, and others.
- Ability to interact with others to gain support; establish trust, and work as a team.
- Ability to deal with stressful customer issues and waiting queues and remain professional and calm under pressure.
- Ability to read and interpret documents; write emails and forms..
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Ability to work independently and confined at the transfer center or work flexible hours as necessary.
- Ability to use computers and office equipment.
- Ability to comprehend and continually seek knowledge of services.
- Ability to represent the Authority in a professional and positive manner at all times.
- Ability to actively listen, communicate effectively and follow oral and written instructions that are given in English. Ability to complete records. Ability to work with diverse customers.
- Ability to travel for organizational needs.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, various shifts and weekend work.
- Must meet hiring qualifications of an acceptable driving record and background verification in accordance with SRTA standards.
- Must have regular attendance and punctuality.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
Possession of valid motor vehicle operator's license that is not under suspension or revocation, and possess current automobile insurance coverage is preferred.
The Authority is an equal employment opportunity employer.