Location: 901 N. Cameron St. Harrisburg, PA 17101
Job Summary (Role in organization):
The position is critical in assisting rabbittransit in meeting our mission of mobility. The impact of public transportation runs much deeper than a trip from point A to point B. We are the means for which people have access to experiences that alter their lives in meaningful ways. Our culture of innovation and stewardship champions that mission. The position assists the Maintenance Manager in the supervision of Mechanics and Porters engaged in the repair, maintenance and cleaning of all vehicles of the authority and other mechanical equipment. Inspects work in progress and upon completion, ensures that it meets required maintenance standards. Enters and retrieves maintenance data from an automated Equipment Management Information System, estimate material required by employees and join together the requisition of materials and supplies with the Maintenance Clerk. Directs and builds the Authority's employment image by practicing good employee relations and ensuring policies/ procedures are documented, comply with CBA and local, state, and federal laws and regulations, and are enforced consistently. Embraces and furthers the diversity statement and AAP goals.
Key/Reporting Relationship/Direct Reports:
This position reports to the Maintenance Manager. This position receives broad guidelines and sets priorities for self and staff. The Mechanics and Porters reports to this position.
Some of the Essential knowledge, skills, abilities and experience:
- HS degree or equivalent required. Prefer Associate's degree or graduate of a trade school with training in heavy-duty fleet vehicle maintenance.
- Minimum of three years progressive experience in the direct supervision of a diverse fleet maintenance workforce and demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff.
- Pennsylvania inspection mechanic certification.
- Strong computer and Microsoft applications software proficiency.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, to be detail oriented, organized, accurate, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to be self-motivated and results oriented to accomplish objectives on schedule.
- Ability to travel for meetings, divisional offices, training purposes or other organizational needs with occasional overnight requirements.
- Must meet hiring qualifications of an acceptable driving record and background verification in accordance with CPTA standards.
- Must have regular attendance and punctuality.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
- Must possess valid class "B" Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with a passenger endorsement and air brake restriction lifted operator's license that is not under suspension or revocation, and possess current automobile insurance coverage.
- Must possess/obtain a valid DOT medical card.
- This is a safety sensitive position subject to US DOT Drug and Alcohol pre-employment, random, post-accident, reasonable suspicion and return to duty testing.