Quality Control Officer (PAHAF) - Senior Staff Accountant
Quality Control Officer (PAHAF)
Senior Staff Accountant
Overview Final Quality Control Officer (PAHAF)
The Pennsylvania Homeowner Assistance Fund, or PAHAF, is a housing-related program funded by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to assist Pennsylvania homeowners facing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic that began after January 21, 2020, (including a hardship that began before January 21, 2020, and continued after that date). The program will provide financial assistance to homeowners for qualified mortgage and housing-related expenses to address delinquency and avoid default, foreclosure, or displacement.
Job Purpose Final Quality Control Officer (PAHAF)
The Final Quality Control Officer has primary responsibility for operating the PAHAF verification program. The incumbent will review eligibility for benefits by obtaining and examining multiple types of debt verification records and verifying the accuracy of all application data according to the PAHAF plan. The incumbent will also ensure that all terms and conditions are met to facilitate assistance to which the applicants are entitled from the PAHAF plan
Essential Functions Final Quality Control Officer (PAHAF)
- Ensure all applications meet the federal and state regulations and program guidelines.
- Review eligibility for benefits, including examining multiple types of records, verifying, and examining information and accuracy of all application data.
- Review delinquency amounts to be paid on applicant accounts from mortgage servicers, homeowner associations, Tax collectors, insurance companies, third-party debt collectors, utility providers, and other assistance approved under PAHAF.
- Advance applications with recommendations for approval for payment or denial of eligibility.
- Maintain accurate records in application software, and Excel spreadsheets.
- Review all reports all suspected or discovered fraudulent activity.
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving, an ability to communicate verbally and in writing, and a willingness to adapt to changing environments.
- Demonstrates respect for individual dignity and diversity.
- Demonstrate empathy for struggling homeowners in need of assistance.
- Reports information on program goals and activities.
- Reviews and analyzes processes used to complete work in the sections; research problem areas, devises solutions, and then instructs staff on how to implement changes that will bring about process improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements Final Quality Control Officer (PAHAF)
Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred.
At least four years of experience at a senior level in the mortgage industry, auditing, account payable, banking, or collections finance is preferred. A similar experience can be considered.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with applicants, borrowers, attorneys, and housing counselor
Must be extremely detail-oriented
Must be professional and can also be firm when necessary.
Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Must have a team mentality.
Ability to work independently.
Lifting/Carrying, Walking, Sitting, Standing
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Finance