rabbittransit is seeking a full-time Service Person for our Dauphin County Division (rabbittransit's Capital Region). Apply today to be part of our exciting future!
You will also have the opportunity to work with our vehicles, including cleaning, shuttling, and fueling them to keep them road-ready.
We'll even train you in order to obtain your Commercial Driver's License (CDL)!
Location: 901 N. Cameron Street Harrisburg, PA 17101
Pay: $19.73/hour at time of hire. $20.82 after successful completion of 90 day probationary period
Fully benefited position
Shift: 3:30 PM to Midnight
Role in organization:
The position is critical in assisting Cumberland Dauphin Harrisburg Transit Authority (rabbittransit) in meeting our mission of mobility. The impact of public transportation runs much deeper than a trip from point A to point B. We are the means for which people have access to experiences that alter their lives in meaningful ways. Our culture of innovation and stewardship champions that mission. This position is responsible for performing general servicing of vehicles and facilities, general and detail cleaning, shuttling, and fueling vehicles in accordance with the Maintenance Plan and other Authority procedures.
Some of the Essential knowledge, skills, abilities and experience:
- Prefer High School degree or GED.
- Six months driving experience and previous labor experience.
- Knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Ability to work independently and with other porters as job task requires.
- Ability to interact courteously and effectively with a diverse staff and foster positive work environment.
- Ability to work variable shifts and overtime as required.
- Ability to follow and communicate both verbally and written in English. Ability to read and interpret service and instruction manuals.
- Must have regular attendance and punctuality.
- Must meet hiring qualifications including but not limited to, minimum of 18 years of age, acceptable driving record and background verification in accordance with Authority standards.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
- Must possess valid Commercial Driver's License class "A" or "B" operator's license with passenger endorsement and air brake restriction lifted that is not under suspension or revocation, and possess current automobile insurance coverage. *******We will provide training if you don't have a CDL!
- Must possess a valid DOT medical card. (Will send for such if given a contingent offer.)
- This is a safety sensitive position subject to US DOT Drug and Alcohol pre-employment, random, post-accident, reasonable suspicion and return to duty testing.
The Authority is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Apply today: https://rabbittransit.applicantpool.com/jobs/1028524